Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dana White says Alistair Overeem lied to him, could decide to cut him after NSAC's suspension ruling

Aug. 6, 2010; Oakland, CA, USA; UFC president Dana White during weigh ins for UFC 117 at the Oracle Arena. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, who was airborne for most of the day on Tuesday (April 24, 2012) after rearranging the UFC 148 fight card in Brazil, was unable to keep score in the Alistair Overeem vs. Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) hearing.

Until he appeared on The Jim Rome Show later in the day.

That's where the Las Vegas fight boss first learned that "Demolition Man" had been denied a license to fight in "Sin City" for nine months, keeping him out of action until (at least) Dec. 27 of this year.

As you can imagine, it went over like a lead balloon.

"I wasn't very optimistic about his chances. I didn't think things were gonna turn out very well for him, as expected. Nine months? That's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I thought he'd get a year, easily a year. Here's the rules: If he was on anti-inflammatory meds and whatever the deal was, you're supposed to disclose that to the commission before you get any drug tests. Whatever medicine you're on, you're supposed to tell them before you test, not after you test. I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan at all. You're not going to hear me defending Alistair Overeem on your radio show. We'll see what happens. He claimed he was on anti-inflammatories which he should have told them before he tested. I know he lied to me. I don't like it. If they'll sit in front of you and lie to your face, I don't know, not the type of guys I wanna do business with."

It certainly doesn't help that Overeem's doctor (who prescribed the testosterone-laced anti-inflammatory medication) is a performance-enhancement "expert" with a shady past, but does "The Reem" run the risk of being released from his UFC contract?

That remains to be seen.

For more on Alistair Overeem's NSAC hearing click here and here. To see all the changes to the UFC 146 fight card and line-up since Overeem was pulled from the May 26 pay-per-view event click here.

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/25/2974786/dana-white-alistair-overeem-lied-jim-rome-audio-video-ufc

Murilo Bustamante Evan Tanner Rich Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment