Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dominick Cruz describes hand injury suffered in UFC on Versus 6 title defense

After defeating Scott Jorgensen last winter, UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz suffered a fairly serious hand injury. Now, after defeating Demetrious Johnson, he's suffered the same injury to the opposite hand. In an interview with Josh Gross at ESPN.com, Cruz explained the nature of the injury:

"It just hurt and felt off. My finger kept popping out of the socket... It's basically the exact same injury I had on my left hand. Same knuckle, same everything. The tendon is completely ripped off the bone and my finger is popping out of its socket due to that. And the knuckle just dislocates when I make a fist. I have to get that tendon that ripped reattached with surgery."

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_10751.shtml

Thiago Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment