Thursday, July 5, 2012

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping eyes fall return, fights with Belcher or Stann

Just three weeks removed from surgery, UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping is itching to get back in the octagon ? and he's got a couple names in mind, too.

Bisping (22-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) underwent knee surgery this past month after being forced out of a planned fight at UFC 149 against Tim Boetsch, a fight that originally was a part of this week's UFC 148 card in Las Vegas.

Bisping, the Season 3 winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" and the UFC's biggest star from the United Kingdom, on Tuesday told "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV that he already is eyeing a fall return.

"Hopefully, (I'll be back) pretty soon," Bisping said. "The knee is healing up nicely. It's been three weeks since the operation and I have full mobility. I feel good (and) I just started training again."

Bisping this past month told "UFC Tonight" that his surgery, which took place in Los Angeles, took care of loose particles in his knee, as well as a slight tear of his meniscus. But with that bridge crossed, Bisping said he would love a fight with either Brian Stann or Alan Belcher when he is able to come back.

"I was speaking to Joe Silva, UFC matchmaker, quite recently, and I'm hoping to fight at UFC 152 in Toronto," Bisping said. "(I suggested) a couple of potential matchups, one being Brian Stann. I know he's got a shoulder injury, so I'm not sure if that will make it or not. But I'd like to fight Brian ? he's an incredible fighter, and certainly somebody who would move me toward a title shot.

"And a second one is Alan Belcher. Alan Belcher is someone who has been calling me out for seems like forever now. And to be quite frank, I'm sick of it. So Alan Belcher, if your balls are big enough, call Joe Silva and let's do it."

Source: http://mmadiehards.com/live/news/ufc-middleweight-michael-bisping-eyes-fall-return-fights-with-belcher-or-stann/

Kiyoshi Tamura Evan Tanner Peni Taufa ao

No comments:

Post a Comment